Joining Sackcloth & Ashes


I spoke some of this last week, but today, Kendra at Catholic All Year has shared more.

There is a movement within the online Catholic community to fight the evil of the sex abuse scandal in the Catholic Church. We will fight against this evil with powerful and fervent prayer and fasting for 40 days.

I am joining this movement, which I shared about in my last post.

If you are a Catholic wanting to something real and powerful beyond letter writing, then I invite you to join us.


For more information, just click on Kendra's link above and read her eloquent post.

I also have written a letter to our Archbishop and to Pope Francis, imploring them for strong action. My letter to Pope Francis is below. I used the example at The Merrier World as a starting point.

As Jesus fought off the Devil while in the dessert for 40 days, may we spend these 40 days in fervent prayer and fasting, fighting the evil present within our Church.






Comments

Popular Posts