A New Title

I have decided to give this blog a different title.

Over the years, I have had many different interests - running, writing, homeschooling, gardening, cooking, motherhood. This blog was first Real Mama Joy, a place to write about the joys of motherhood in the realities of daily Catholic life. Later, I began to add material about Charlotte Mason and our homeschooling journey.

I have benefited extraordinarily from the homeschooling mothers who blog about how they do it. I am so grateful for Brandy Vencel, Sarah Mackenzie, Celeste Cruz, Amber Vanderpol, Kendra Tierney, Pam Barnhill and Haley Stewart!

I am so indebted to their wisdom!

I have always loved to write. I began blogging 10 years ago, and I guess I just tried to write the same way as the bloggers whom I admired so much.

But honestly, writing a blog that's just about homeschooling or just about motherhood is not what inspires me. Last year, I did a lot of personal writing about my faith, and it was so abundantly fruitful. I've realized that our Catholic faith and my relationship with Jesus is what I love to talk and write about the most.


I did not write a lot on my blog last year, because to be honest, it didn't really interest me! Ha! If MY blog doesn't interest ME, it probably won't interest anyone either!

I really just enjoy the process of writing, getting my thoughts down in words and how my mind grows in clarity of thought just by going through that process.

God is all around me all of the time, around each of us, whether we are aware of that or not. When we are aware, when we seek our Lord, when we acknowledge our hunger for Him and pursue it, we come to find the love of God here on earth as it is in heaven.

That's what this blog is about. That's what my life is about. Living out my calling as wife, as mother, as Christian, as daughter, as sister, as friend, as teacher; all as I seek and serve Jesus.

As we have entered into 2019, I did not make any resolutions. Not that I don't have areas to improve! I do! I am simply trying to put my faith first, and trust that with God's grace, this year will be what it needs to be, what He intends it to be.

To grow in faith, I will be beginning a Devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus. I began painting again a few months ago. I'm not very good! But I enjoy it, and hope to improve. I painted this Sacred Heart of Jesus and then gifted it to a friend for her birthday.
His Heart on Fire for You

It was the first painting I completed in a long time. She was touched by it, and my heart was full of joy to see it hanging in her house last week.

I am painting another one. I plan to enthrone it in our home in the next month or so once it is complete. Once it's finished, I'll share some photos.

May this year be filled with His grace and Spirit! May we all learn to live more fully within His Sacred Heart and allow His Sacred Heart to live more fully within us!


Comments

Popular Posts